Job Reference: 73889PM
Job Type: Contract
Date Added: 08/06/2012
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, a requirement has arisen for experienced C&I engineers to work on a variety of tasks in the nuclear industry.
The tasks vary from the assessment of nuclear safety related equipment to design and implementation of C&I new designs, upgrades, rekit designs to systems used in research and manufacturing operations and the associated Building Services/HVAC control systems.
Sub contractor C&I package management will be required to ensure conformity to regulation/standard and scope requirements.
* Definition of functional requirements, concept design, detailed design, and identification of all safety (Nuclear and operational) requirements, estimation of all costs and delivery of the work package within the required timescales. In order to fully understand the task requirements the task engineer is required to liaise with the customer (and with other disciplines) to provide the best possible solution.
* The ability to write good concise English is essential.
* The tasks will involve a combination of: Instrument System Design, P&IDs and Sequence and Interlock Control Systems Process Control High Integrity Plant Protection Systems (Emergency Shutdown) Control Panel/Room Layout Reliability Assessment of C&I Systems, LV system electrical design would be an advantage.
* Management of sub contractor C&I work packages will be required to ensure conformity and compliance to both directives and scope of works.
* Production of Commissioning Procedures,
* Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
* Safety Case training / experience would also be an advantage.
* Applicants should be familiar with working to the requirements of the relevant directive and practices
HND/HNC in Engineering, preferably Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation. Experience in lieu of qualifications will be considered.
Degree or HND in Engineering, preferably Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation
Experience working on the design of nuclear installations to meet nuclear safety case requirements with experience of the production of nuclear safety case submissions would be ideal.
Candidates with experience of high integrity systems/equipment in the petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or transportation industries would be considered.